WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Sam's top 26

Here are my favorite 26 songs by 26 of my favorite bands, in alphabetical order:

Zeppelin - Ten Years Gone (14 guitar tracks? what?)
Young, Neil - Love in Mind (sometimes makes me teary)
Xavier Rudd - Fortune Teller
Warren Zevon - Hasten Down the Wind
Van Morrison - Sweet Thing
U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name
Traffic - The High Spark of Low Heeled Boys (dark, hypnotic)
Stones - Heartbreaker (Do Do Do Do Do)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Power of Equality (hey batta batta)
Queen - Under Pressure
Presely, Elvis - Don't be Cruel (bop, bop)
Oranges Band - White Ride
New Deal, the - Ray Parker Suite II (my favorite newish band)
Monty Python - Sit On My Face
Lindsay Buckingham - Big Love (sick guitar work)
Killers - All These Things That I've Done
Jackson Browne - These Days (he wrote it for Nico)
INXS - I Need You Tonight
Hall and Oates - She's Gone (some fine '70s soul)
Georgie James - Cheap Champagne
Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You (too good to be true)
Eric Clapton - Motherless Children
David Bowie - Golden Years
Cale, J.J. - Magnolia ('you're the best I've ever had')
Beatles - Don't Let Me Down
America - Golden (cover, but still, sweeping)

No comments: