9 a.m. Brian Ross
Pure favorites. If I was recording a "My Favorite Song" mix tape for somebody, I'd probably have 100 songs, but these would be the first 3.
* "Senses Working Overtime," by XTC
* "Misunderstood," by Wilco
* "Radio Free Europe," by R.E.M.
1 p.m. David Fenner
These songs make me feel good.
* "Lovers Speak," by Joan Armatrading
* "Honey And The Moon," by Joseph Arthur
* "First Day Of My Life," by Bright Eyes
* "Pacing The Cage," by Bruce Cockburn
* "Suzanne," by Leonard Cohen
5 p.m. Lisa Fink
When I was in undergrad in St. Louis, I would drive home to Milwaukee, WI every couple of months. During the 6 hour drive, at that point when I felt that I couldn't stay awake any longer, I would put on these songs and belt at the top of my lungs (often aided by mass consumption of Diet Coke). These songs still keep me awake and singing in Baltimore!
* "Doo Wop (That Thing)," by Lauryn Hill
* "Oh! Darling," by The Beatles
* "Criminal," by Fiona Apple
* "Midnight Train to Georgia," by Gladys Knight