WTMD listeners take over the airwaves with three-to-five song sets on Thursday.
Submit your own mixtape and enter a drawing to win a pair of tickets to see Depeche Mode and Peter, Bjorn and John at Nissan Pavilion!
6 a.m. Elisabeth Hyleck
They seem to fit - and I had to go with the concert theme!
- "Amsterdam," by Peter, Bjorn and John
- "Nothing," by Depeche Mode
- "Clark Gable," by The Postal Service
- "Blue Savannah," by Erasure
8 a.m. Jennifer Brasher
They represent stages in relationships: happy, complaining, obsessing, gone but missing, and finally alone. And the middle three are linked by artist or title.
- "Another Day," by Jamie Lidell
- "You Don't Treat Me No Good," by Sonia Dada
- "Dorina," by Dada
- "Corina, Corina," by Ray Peterson
- "Lonely Blue Boy," by Conway Twitty
10 a.m. Shawn Crow
These are my honest-to-goodness top 5 desert island songs. I didn't worry about appearing worldly or well-listened. Each song genuinely moves me. Keep up the awesomeness!
- "Fields of Gold," by Eva Cassidy
- "In the Basement," by Etta James
- "The Sweetest Drop," by Peter Murphy
- "Mercenary Territory," by Little Feat;
- "Can't Get No Grindin' or Champagne & Reefer," by Muddy Waters
12 p.m. Carly Wais
Ghost Theme!!! Plus, I love all of these songs, and I really want to win those free tickets!
- "Walking with a Ghost," by Tegan and Sara
- "Ghosts Under Rocks," by Ra Ra Riot
- "Little Ghost," by I'm from Barcelona
- "Is There a Ghost?," by Band of Horses
- "Fake Palindromes," by Andrew Bird
4 p.m. Kathy Judge
These songs make me smile!
- "Hole in the Moon," by The Waterboys
- "My Doorbell," by The White Stripes
- "Hiroshima," by Ben Folds
- "Acid Tongue," by Jenny Lewis
- "Penguins," by Lyle Lovett
6 p.m. Derrick Dallas
- "Puppets," by Depeche Mode
This has always been my favorite of Depeche Mode's lesser-played songs and Speak and Spell was my first DM album.
- "Five Years," by David Bowie
Always a huge Bowie fan, and listening to this song still gives me chills.
- "The First Time I Met the Blues," by Buddy Guy
Truly a great blues song and Buddy does it incredible justice.
- "Raining in Baltimore," by Counting Crows
I heard this track on an episode of Homicide: Life on the Streets, and realized that I owned such a great song.
- "Safety in Numbers," by Crack the Sky
The very first song I heard from CTS. I think they're the most under-appreciated local area band. Their music was incredible and had so much more depth than some hits of today.