WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mix Tape Thursday, 3/19/09

WTMD listeners take over the airwaves with three-to-five song sets on Thursday.

Submit your own mixtape and enter a drawing to win a pair of tickets to see Depeche Mode and Peter, Bjorn and John at Nissan Pavilion!

6 a.m. Elisabeth Hyleck

They seem to fit - and I had to go with the concert theme!

  • "Amsterdam," by Peter, Bjorn and John
  • "Nothing," by Depeche Mode
  • "Clark Gable," by The Postal Service
  • "Blue Savannah," by Erasure

8 a.m. Jennifer Brasher

They represent stages in relationships: happy, complaining, obsessing, gone but missing, and finally alone. And the middle three are linked by artist or title.
  • "Another Day," by Jamie Lidell
  • "You Don't Treat Me No Good," by Sonia Dada
  • "Dorina," by Dada
  • "Corina, Corina," by Ray Peterson
  • "Lonely Blue Boy," by Conway Twitty

10 a.m. Shawn Crow

These are my honest-to-goodness top 5 desert island songs. I didn't worry about appearing worldly or well-listened. Each song genuinely moves me. Keep up the awesomeness!
  • "Fields of Gold," by Eva Cassidy
  • "In the Basement," by Etta James
  • "The Sweetest Drop," by Peter Murphy
  • "Mercenary Territory," by Little Feat;
  • "Can't Get No Grindin' or Champagne & Reefer," by Muddy Waters

12 p.m. Carly Wais

Ghost Theme!!! Plus, I love all of these songs, and I really want to win those free tickets!
  • "Walking with a Ghost," by Tegan and Sara
  • "Ghosts Under Rocks," by Ra Ra Riot
  • "Little Ghost," by I'm from Barcelona
  • "Is There a Ghost?," by Band of Horses
  • "Fake Palindromes," by Andrew Bird

4 p.m. Kathy Judge

These songs make me smile!
  • "Hole in the Moon," by The Waterboys
  • "My Doorbell," by The White Stripes
  • "Hiroshima," by Ben Folds
  • "Acid Tongue," by Jenny Lewis
  • "Penguins," by Lyle Lovett


6 p.m. Derrick Dallas

  • "Puppets," by Depeche Mode
    This has always been my favorite of Depeche Mode's lesser-played songs and Speak and Spell was my first DM album.
  • "Five Years," by David Bowie
    Always a huge Bowie fan, and listening to this song still gives me chills.
  • "The First Time I Met the Blues," by Buddy Guy
    Truly a great blues song and Buddy does it incredible justice.
  • "Raining in Baltimore," by Counting Crows
    I heard this track on an episode of Homicide: Life on the Streets, and realized that I owned such a great song.
  • "Safety in Numbers," by Crack the Sky
    The very first song I heard from CTS. I think they're the most under-appreciated local area band. Their music was incredible and had so much more depth than some hits of today.

No comments: