WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Ryan Shaw Rocks Artscape

I didn't get to see as many bands at Artscape as I would have liked, but Sunday's performance from Ryan Shaw was a total treat. He's energetic, a great communicator with the crowd and his music is just so wonderfully infectious. He played most of his record and it was a lot of fun to see so many folks dancing by the stage. Ryan is definitely someone I'll want to see again.

What did you guys think of of Artscape this year?

1 comment:

Legendary Lovett said...

Steve I couldn't agree more with you on this one, Ryan Shaws stage performance was soul and mind blowing. I brought with me some first timers for Ryan Shaw including myself and my expectations was some good ole fashioned gospel but Ryan blew that right out of the water.

From the start the crowd was feeling it to including an older couple doing a little ballroom dancing on the brick, a few girls to the right were hula hooping and everyone just seemed to be enjoying Ryan Shaw. A buddy of mine however was asked a few hours later who he saw and despite Ryan mentioning his name 25 times he could not remember.

After Ryan Shaw's performance we checked out Sam Bush jamming out on the festival stage and people really enjoying themseleves and the music.

Aside from the music, I enjoyed seeing Robert McClintock's latest work along with the interesting art performances in between the festival stage and main stage. From human trees to belly dancers it was a sight to see.