WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Monday, December 17, 2007

My Buddy And Me

On this, the day we learned Dan Fogelberg sadly passed away, I thought I'd pass on a new artist who, like Dan, may have been unfairly pigeonholed into some sort of "soft-rock" category- but has so much more depth than that. Actually, BUDDY, as he calls himself, is a native Oregonian who does, proudly, I assume, call his music "Wimpycore." With a sincere, Ben Gibbard-like voice and extremely infectious lo-fi indie melodies, BUDDY is part of that Hotel Cafe crowd in LA (Cary Brothers, Ian Ball, etc) and is truly an artist to watch in 2008 (all you have to do is hear SALT POINT from his '05 EP- just try getting it out of your head). He recently put out his first full length, ALTERATIONS AND REPAIRS. Thanks to my "buddies" for turning me on to...BUDDY.

No comments: