WTMD listeners take over the airwaves with three-to-five song sets on Thursday.
6 a.m. Tyler Waldman
Four very different songs by awesome local artists. Sure, only one of these acts has really hit it big, but all of them certainly deserve to.
* "Copy Write," by Caleb and Saleem
* "OK Apartment," by Oranges Band
* "Cyberspace Lip Gloss," by Karmella's Game
* "My Girls," by Animal Collective
8 a.m. Doug Desmarais
Roberta Flack's version of "Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye," found on her debut LP "First Take," is the definitive version of this Cohen classic. Breathtaking. Roberta Flack's cover of "Suzanne" is another classic. She is a masterful interpreter. (I'd love to see her do an entire album of Cohen songs . . . ) And Johnny Cash's acoustic resurrection included a great take of "Bird on a Wire." Fantastic.
* "Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye," by Roberta Flack
* "Suzanne," by Roberta Flack
* "Bird on a Wire," by Johnny Cash
10 a.m. Stanley Feldman
Five songs I've had stuck in my head recently.
* "Perfect Skin," by Lloyd Cole
* "Vicious," by Lou Reed
* "Spanish Bombs," by The Clash
* "Beercan," by Beck
* "Big Time Sensuality (Fluke Minimix)," by Bjork
12 p.m. Beth Homa
These songs are random, as random as my life is. Each reminds me of person or an experience that have been pivotal in my progression of life. Plus they are just really good songs.
* "Mississippi Half Step Uptown Toodeloo," by Grateful Dead
* "Another Saturday Night," by Cat Stevens
* "Memphis Train," by Buddy Miles
* "Ain't No Sunshine," by Bill Withers
* "Crying," by Roy Orbison
4 p.m. Kevin Majoros
* "Sheep Go to Heaven," by Cake
* "Just Like Heaven," by Kate Melua
* "Come On Get Higher," by Matt Nathanson
* "Heaven," by Los Lonely Boys
* "Heavenly Day," by Patty Griffin
6 p.m. Raffi Creech
* "Shimmer and Shine," by Ben Harper and Relentless 7
Ben Harper has played All Good several times and the crowd always loves him.
* "Ain't Nothing Wrong with That," by Robert Randolph and the Family Band
* "Wrong Way Feeling," by Bob Weir and Ratdog
One of my personal favorites. I recently saw him and Jeff Chimenti (keyboardist) with the Dead in DC and NY and he was awesome with them. This will be my first time seeing him with Ratdog.
* "Hidden Hand, Hidden Fist," by Sound Tribe Sector 9
Everyone loves STS9's electronic jams.
* "Garden of Eden," by Donna the Buffalo
Donna the Buffalo will bring the folkish-bluegrassy jams to All Good this year and I'm really excited to see them.