WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mix Tape Thursday, 7/30/09

WTMD listeners take over the airwaves with three-to-five song sets on Thursday.

6 a.m. Lauren Davis

I chose these songs because they all feel relaxed and leave me feeling good, not too crazy, just right for cruising.

* "Brainy," by The National
* "Starlight," by Muse
* "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa," by Vampire Weekend
* "Use Somebody," by Kings of Leon
* "Big White Gate," by Grace Potter


8 a.m. Rachel Moseley

Good fast-lane driving tempos.

* "Last Night Of The World," by Bruce Cockburn
* "Pain Killer," by Turin Brakes
* "Boots of Chinese Plastic," by The Pretenders
* "Nebraska," by Moe
* "She Moves In Her Own Way," by The Kooks


10 a.m. Robert Westerman

I'm feeling kinda 'Jeopardy" today. Topic: Songs That Begin With The Letter "E"

* "Exit Music For A Film," by Radiohead
* "E-Pro," by Beck
* "Eleanor Rigby," by The Beatles
* "Electric Lady Land," by Jimi Hendrix
* "Extraordinary Machine," by Fiona Apple


12 p.m. Allison Cribbs

It started with "Allison," it's my name. From there I just thought of all the good songs with girls' names in the title.

* "Allison," by The Pixies
* "Billie Jean," by Michael Jackson
* "Anna-Molly," by Incubus


4 p.m. Luke Rhine

In honor of a great concert I included in my set a list of some of the greatest songs I have heard in concert. I thought "Freebird" might have been a bit much, but it was good.

* "Can’t You Hear Me Knocking," by The Rolling Stones
* "Same Old Thing," by The Black Keys
* "Little Room," by The White Stripes


6 p.m. Nitin Tandon

With all the recent celebrity deaths, I have been in a morbid mood.

* "Fear," by Paddy Casey
* "Don’t Wanna Cry," by Pete Yorn
* "Dying Is Fine," by Ra Ra Riot
* "Who Is Going To Save My Soul," by Gnarles Barkley
* "Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But…," by Arctic Monkeys

No comments: