WTMD listeners take over the airwaves with three-to-five song sets on Thursday.
6 a.m. Lauren Davis
I chose these songs because they all feel relaxed and leave me feeling good, not too crazy, just right for cruising.
* "Brainy," by The National
* "Starlight," by Muse
* "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa," by Vampire Weekend
* "Use Somebody," by Kings of Leon
* "Big White Gate," by Grace Potter
8 a.m. Rachel Moseley
Good fast-lane driving tempos.
* "Last Night Of The World," by Bruce Cockburn
* "Pain Killer," by Turin Brakes
* "Boots of Chinese Plastic," by The Pretenders
* "Nebraska," by Moe
* "She Moves In Her Own Way," by The Kooks
10 a.m. Robert Westerman
I'm feeling kinda 'Jeopardy" today. Topic: Songs That Begin With The Letter "E"
* "Exit Music For A Film," by Radiohead
* "E-Pro," by Beck
* "Eleanor Rigby," by The Beatles
* "Electric Lady Land," by Jimi Hendrix
* "Extraordinary Machine," by Fiona Apple
12 p.m. Allison Cribbs
It started with "Allison," it's my name. From there I just thought of all the good songs with girls' names in the title.
* "Allison," by The Pixies
* "Billie Jean," by Michael Jackson
* "Anna-Molly," by Incubus
4 p.m. Luke Rhine
In honor of a great concert I included in my set a list of some of the greatest songs I have heard in concert. I thought "Freebird" might have been a bit much, but it was good.
* "Can’t You Hear Me Knocking," by The Rolling Stones
* "Same Old Thing," by The Black Keys
* "Little Room," by The White Stripes
6 p.m. Nitin Tandon
With all the recent celebrity deaths, I have been in a morbid mood.
* "Fear," by Paddy Casey
* "Don’t Wanna Cry," by Pete Yorn
* "Dying Is Fine," by Ra Ra Riot
* "Who Is Going To Save My Soul," by Gnarles Barkley
* "Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But…," by Arctic Monkeys