WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Perfects on Baltimore Unsigned



Tune in at 8 p.m. Tuesday (with a rebroadcast at 9 a.m. Saturday) as Baltimore Unsigned welcomes The Perfects to WTMD. The brainchild of vocalist and songwriter Ric Peters, the band continues the tradition of brooding synth-fused rock of artists such as Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails.

Their upcoming full-length, New Life, arrives later this year. It features multiple producers, including Chris Vrenna (Nine Inch Nails), remixing a batch of older songs and working on several new tracks.

"I have moments where I'll write three songs real quick and then won't write anything for a few months and then go back," says Peters. "I don't force it. There was one song where I was folding laundry and then boom it hit me."

The Perfects perform at Bourbon Street on August 2nd.

No comments: