WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Friday, January 26, 2007

The Midnight Special Lives!!!

I'm normally not one to order those multi part DVD or CD sets you see on infomercials, but I was seduced by the Midnight Special and all the great performances. I used to love making myself stay up till 12:30 to watch some great music. Who knew I would one day want the whole set (hmmm..I think I have a new analogy for the value of a WTMD membership for the Fund Drive!!)

Here's my list of the 10 Greatest All Time performances from the Midnight Special

1. John Denver and Cass Elliott--Leaving on a Jet Plane
2. Donna Summer -- Last Dance
3. Ray Charles -- Georgia On My Mind
4. Doobie Brothers -- Listen to the Music
5. War -- The Cisco Kid
6. Sanford and Townsend -- Smoke From a Distant Fire
7. Chic -- Le Freak
8. Golden Earring -- Radar Love
9. Gordon Lightfoot -- Sundown
10. Red Bone -- Come and Get Your Love

Be sure to vote by 5 pm today, Friday!

No comments: