WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Having a Great Life

People often debate the commercialization of music, but I’m a big fan of the musicalization of commercials. I’m psyched when I hear a song I love (The Postal Service’s “Such Great Heights”), am reminded of a song I’d forgotten (Electric Light Orchestra’s “Mr. Blue Sky”), or am woken up to an artist I didn’t know before (Nick Drake’s “Pink Moon”).

Perhaps Goat (Andrew Rosen) falls into one of those categories for you. The title track to his 1998 Great Life album has been popping up in recent car commercials. So if you’ve been singing along to those upbeat lyrics (Start having a…great life / It’s about living with inspiration) you can find more about him at his website or his MySpace page.

PS: Meanwhile, on the humor front, what if the Beatles were Irish?

No comments: