WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

John Hughes Rememberance

I've been thinking a lot about the passing of John Hughes. For many of us in our 40s and 50s, he created the gestalt of high school experiences in a time before cell phones, texting, facebook, the internet and the media explosion. It's so different now. It was so simple then --geeks, jocks, band geeks and freaks. We may not have felt we fit in, but a least you knew where everyone else thought you stood.

Getting down these feelings is kind of tough. I came across this blog posting that says it better and more personally than I ever could. I hope you find it as touching as I did and that it brings you a little closer to a man who charted our young lives for us.

Steve
And here's a video to remind us all how good we looked dancing back then!

No comments: