WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jesse Malin on Morning Sessions

Jesse Malin is a thirty-year veteran of the New York music scene. He performed with Heart Attack in the 1980's and D Generation in the '90s before setting out on a successful solo career. But in the midst of the recent economic recession, he had second thoughts about his career path. 

“I ended up in a spot where I was living on my sister’s couch. And then I found myself back down on the Bowery area, where I grew up playing CBGB’s. 
I was just busted broke, lost and I felt like it maybe was time to try something else,"he says. "I tried dj’ing weddings. I tried working on a couple of films. I tried some standup comedy and spoken word. Eventually, I got asked to write some songs for a film on J.D. Salinger and . . . realized that this is what I do."

A rejuvenated Malin returned to the studio and teamed up with producer Ted Hutt (Lucero, The Gaslight Anthem) to record a fast, loose and raw record. 
Tune in at 9:20 a.m. Friday as Jesse Malin and The St. Marks Social showcase their literate, weathered Big Apple punk with songs from the new album Love It To Life. 


No comments: