Every Thursday morning at 6:20 and 8:20 a.m. Sam Gallant of the Creative Alliance shares with you all the cool happenings around town on Weekend on the Radio. In case you missed a detail about a specific event, here's the list for this week.
- Eureka Birds with Mia Riddle,
Sgt. Dunbar,Sgt. Dunbar and the Hobo Banned, and Cameron Blake , and the Hobo Bandat the Metro Gallery 8 p.m.
- Parking Day: An experiment that transforms parking meters into public parks. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. West Franklin and Howard Streets
- Concerts at Belvedere Square with Donegal X-Press. 6 p.m.
- 2010 Maryland Wine Festival, Carroll County Farm Museum. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Electronica Fest, National Electronics Museum, Linthicum. 10 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Family Concert with Big Blow and the Bushwackers, Chesapeake Arts Center. 4 p.m. show for kids; 8 p.m. for adults.
- Frank Zappa Statue Events
- 10 a.m. A Talk with Gail Zappa, Creative Alliance
- 12 p.m. Free Concert with Arbouretum, Intersection of Eastern Avenue and Conkling in Highlandtown.
- 2 p.m. Statue Dedication Ceremony and Free Concert with Zappa Plays Zappa. Eastern Avenue and Conkling
- Maryland Steam Show, Old engines, tractor pulls, antique car show, rock crushing demonstration & more. Arcadia Fire Department Fairgrounds, Rt. 30 in Hampstead.
- Street Beat Festival in Federal Hill feat. Can't Hang, Almighty Senators, Old Man Brown, Chopteeth, and more. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.