WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Melissa's Top Ten For 2006

2006 saw such a wide variety of intriguing music,
so picking just 10 was tough! But with variety as my key,
here is my Top Ten for this year...

1. Beck - The Information
2. Jackie Greene - American Myth
3. Gomez - How We Operate
4. Brett Dennen - So Much More
5. Cat Power - The Greatest
6. Regina Spektor - Begin To Hope
7. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
8. The Slip - Eisenhower
9. KT Tunstall - Eye To The Telescope
10. Ben Kweller - Ben Kweller

Now this list was an ever changing idea for nearly 2 weeks, with easy additions and very tough subtractions. I don't know that I had the most scientific of equations for narrowing it down, but these are the albums that I've turned to for driving music or when I'm doing work around the house. I can't wait to hear what's coming next in 2007!


Was such a fan of this song from Gomez and the video shows the humor of the band and singer Tom Gray who is getting tossed about.
So check out 'girlshapedlovedrug' from Gomez.

No comments: