WTMD is listener-supported radio from the campus of Towson University.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Andrew's Top 10 Songs

hey everyone,
when making this list I decided to go with my personal all time greats from my time, I do have knowledge and love for music made before my time but I didn't know how to include songs that should be an all time great when I couldn't really vouch for. But maybe some of these songs are an all time great because despite being from before my time they still make my list. With that said here's my top 10

1. Dave Matthews Band - "Ants Marching"
As a follower of DMB it was hard for me to pick my favorite song, however since I was 12 years old I have been listening to this song consistently. Experiencing this song live a few years back was an all time high. DMB is also one of my all time greatest live experiences as well, seeing them 12 times now each show is unique and provides a natural high.

2. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life"
This song came out when I was in middle school and hasn't stopped, I heard it again at my high school dances and still today in college.

3. Sublime - "What I Got"
This song takes me back a few years to high school, off-roading and wheeling in my buddys Jeep Wrangler with the top down in the Maryland humid heat.

4. Pink Floyd - "Wish You Were Here"
Of the numerous Pink Floyd songs "Wish You Were Here" is my personal all time great.

5. Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
I debated between a Foo song and a Nirvana song, I went with my personal favorite, the Foo Fighter's. Having just listened to the new live semi-acoustic version of this song it is simply incredible.

6. Jane's Addiction - "Jane Says"
This song has been a favorite of mine for years, and a favorite of my friends, apparently there is a game played when hearing "Jane Says"...when Perry says "she can't hit" you apparently punch your buddy three times in the arm, not that I'm encouraging violence.

7. Jimmy Buffett - "Margaritaville"
Who doesn't love Margaritas? I experienced Buffett Live for the first time this summer twice in one week, what a colorful experience. Oh ya, and who doesn't love cheeseburgers?

8. Sister Hazel - "All For You"
One of my middle school love songs...definitely an all time great in my book. This is a song that I can relate to and I think other guys can as well.

9. Aersomith & Run DMC - Walk This Way
The combination of rock and hip hop has come a long way since this song came out. For the initial start of this combination this song wins a vote in my top 10!

10. Barenaked Ladies - "One Week"
When I first got hooked on this band I was in middle school, like most of my all time greats, and I couldn't stop listening to it for years. BNL ended up being my first concert unsupervised and first band to see numerous times in a short span of time.

No comments: